The holiday season can be a stressful time of the year; trying to find the perfect gift for friends and family can be hectic at times. The upside is that if you have close family and friends who are active and fit, they might enjoy a gift this season that will help their physical activity. Considering that technology is flourishing with new and innovative ideas, this year might be the year for gifts that encourage fitness and physical activity. Listed below are the 9 best holiday tech ideas for the fitness enthusiast. With each idea is a description on the item and why it would make an ideal for someone who closely follows a healthy and active lifestyle.
Ranking the Top 10 Best Holiday Tech Fitness Gifts
- Gaiam Athletic Yoga Set. Yogis and yoga newbies can embrace the new technology with this set. The mat that comes with this set is extra gripping, called the athletic 2gripMat, which is wider and more resilient than other yoga mats, and it has extra dry-technology for better gripping. Made from hypoallergenic material, it is hard to describe yoga sets as being cutting edge technology, but when it comes to yoga tools, this set will have you pumped to do yoga every day. Find it on the Gaiam website or search other avenues for this awesome set.
- Wii Fit U. Wii has been widely popular over the years and it does not get any better than the Wii Fit U. Use this fun technology to increase activity at home and use it as a means to help reach your goals. The Wii Fit U allows for progress tracking, which is something that every fitness enthusiast needs.
- HydraCoach Intelligent Water Bottle. We are well aware of smart phones and other smart technology; now the technology has reached the water bottle in that personal hydration requirements can be determined so that you can keep up on your needs. In addition, it keeps track of your daily water consumption as well as water temperature, which is important for those who desire the colder water after a hard high-intensity workout. The fitness buff could use something like to help stay hydrated and to help encourage drinking more fluids throughout the day.
- Fitbit Flex. Fitbit is revolutionizing fitness tracking devices and this particular model is great for assessing steps, distance traveled, and total calories burned. This model will track your sleep duration and quality and it is equipped to wake you at a desire time (alarm). Health and fitness fanatics love the Fitbit and it would make a great gift under the tree for those who need a little fun encouragement.
- Nike+ Fuelband. This activity tracker is ideal for following along with personal goals, activity, and it allows for you to share and view your friends’ goals and activities. This is an ideal social environment for exercise and takes it to the next level with your peers and friends.
- Oakley Commit Sunglasses. Being outdoors and active requires eye care to protect vision. Wearing UV protective sunglasses lie the Oakley Commit Sunglasses will not only have the eyes will not only look awesome on your face, but the high tech specifications of these glasses will have your eyes protected from harmful UV rays that can diminish eyesight over time.
- Apple Watch. The Apple Watch Series 2 has a built-in GPS so you can leave your iPhone at home when you go for a run or ride and still measure your workout accurately. It’s also water resistant, so you can also do swim workouts without damaging the device.
- Nutribullet. Mixing and blending veggies and smoothies have never been better with the Nutribullet. For those who enjoy smoothies, this technology is the best. Simply add your ingredients and blend until smooth. Simple enough and the technology allows for this ease. Use it every day for optimal nutrition and for simplicity with making your shakes.
- Fitbit Wireless Scales. Every fitness buff needs a scale, especially one that measures and tracks body fat and BMI. Connect your data and results with your smartphone with a user account and share it with your peers, if you desire.
References http://www.gaiam.com/  http://www.amazon.com/Fitbit-Wireless-Activity-Sleep-Wristband/dp/B00BGO0Q9O/ref=pd_sim_200_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41Z8xtLWm5L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR118%2C160_&refRID=0M2J1A5MSKRBY42TAWVP  http://www.techtimes.com/articles/21726/20141219/holiday-gift-guide-fitness-enthusiast.htm