Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal
- Serves: 1
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 143
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Sugar: 1.3g
- Fiber: 3.5
- Protein: 5.5g
Recipe type: Breakfast
If you're a lover of sweets in the morning, but watching your waistline -- then you're in luck. Put down the donut or double chocolate chip muffin and whip up a bowl of these savory Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Oats. It tastes like a ooey-gooey, Reese's Peanut Butter Cup party in your mouth -- except better because it's CLEAN!
- ½ cup - Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (measured uncooked)
- 1 cup - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp - Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ tbsp - Natural Peanut Butter + another ½ tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (set aside)
- 1-2 dashes of cinnamon
- ¼ tsp - Vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp - Baking Stevia (or ⅛ tsp liquid stevia)
- 1 tbsp - Natural Carob Chips
- Place all ingredients (leave out ½ tablespoon peanut butter for drizzle) in a medium size pot and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then turn heat down to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, or until oatmeal thickens. Stir often!
- In separate bowl, microwave ½ tbsp of peanut butter for 10-15 seconds to soften.
- Pour oatmeal into bowl. Then, drizzle on peanut butter and add a few chocolate chips.