Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Oatmeal
Recipe Type: Breakfast
If you’re a lover of sweets in the morning, but watching your waistline — then you’re in luck. Put down the donut or double chocolate chip muffin and whip up a bowl of these savory Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Oats. It tastes like a ooey-gooey, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup party in your mouth — except better because it’s CLEAN!
- 1/2 cup – Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (measured uncooked)
- 1 cup – Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp – Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tbsp – Natural Peanut Butter + another 1/2 tbsp Natural Peanut Butter (set aside)
- 1-2 dashes of cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp – Vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp – Baking Stevia (or 1/8 tsp liquid stevia)
- 1 tbsp – Natural Carob Chips
- Place all ingredients (leave out 1/2 tablespoon peanut butter for drizzle) in a medium size pot and turn heat to medium/high.
- Bring to a rolling boil, then turn heat down to medium and cook for about 5 minutes, or until oatmeal thickens. Stir often!
- In separate bowl, microwave 1/2 tbsp of peanut butter for 10-15 seconds to soften.
- Pour oatmeal into bowl. Then, drizzle on peanut butter and add a few chocolate chips.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 143 Fat: 7g Carbohydrates: 30g Sugar: 1.3g Fiber: 3.5 Protein: 5.5g