Sweet Potato Spinach Frittata
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Sea salt or smoked salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon thyme leaves
- 2 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/3 cup (about 3 ounces) herbed fresh goat cheese
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Arrange a rack in the upper third of oven and preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together. Add milk, 1 pinch salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, whisk, and set aside.
- Warm oil in a 10- or 12-inch sauté pan over medium heat. Add potatoes and toss to coat. Sprinkle in cumin, 1 pinch salt, and thyme, and stir again. Cook potatoes, tossing occasionally, until cooked through and have brown marks, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle green onions on top of potatoes, followed by spinach. Let spinach wilt, about 1 minute, putting a lid on the pan to help things along if you have one. Turn heat down to low. Give eggs one last whisk and pour over spinach. Break up cheese with your fingers and distribute over the top. Put pan in the oven and bake until you can shake pan and see that the middle is just barely set, 10 to 12 minutes. The handle will be very hot.
- Put frittata aside to set for a couple minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with 1 pinch pepper. Serve with hot sauce on the side, if desired.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 20